Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good.
It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the SUCCESS Foundation and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of SUCCESS Foundation's mission, of the way SUCCESS Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of SUCCESS Foundation's capacity to use donations effectively for intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on SUCCESS Foundation's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to SUCCESS Foundation's most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing SUCCESS FOUNDATION will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of SUCCESS FOUNDATION, or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that SUCCESS FOUNDATION intended to share.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Developed by: American Association of Fundraising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AAHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). Initial endorsers: Independent sector, National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC), National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG), National Council for Resource Development (NCRD), United Way of America.